“A small, but deep freshwater pond.”
“IT IS AN UNINTERESTING PLANT.”
- When fishing, one should be wary of Frogs and Mosquitoes, as they are aggressive.
- When fishing in a Marsh, it should be noted that the Marsh is also the native habitat of Tentacles and Merms.
- One may fish in Frog Ponds unbothered at dusk when the Frogs return to the water, and in the spring and fall when it is warm enough to thaw the Pond but not warm enough for Frogs to spawn. One may fish in Mosquito Ponds unbothered during the day, since Mosquitoes only come out at dusk/night.
- Frog ponds will sometimes show up in a small cluster. Pig houses can be built near/inside this cluster (preferably walled off) and the frogs will kill any pigs that spawn during the day but will not eat the meat. With this setup, Pig Skin and Meat can be collected regularly at dusk/night.
- Frog Ponds and Mosquito Ponds were added in the A Little Rain Must Fall update, while the ones found in the Ruins were added in the The Stuff of Nightmares update.
- The plants growing around ponds have no in-game use, save for being burned for emergency lighting and heat, and turning into Ashes.
- After burning the Plant or Algae, saving and reloading the game will cause these to reappear in the pond.